Football rules here: 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw (half-happens) and diddly-squat for a loss.
1. Spyro Trilogy – just look at Crash…
2. PlayStation 4 Pro Price Cut – £279 or less
I paid £315 for mine with Spider-Man; does that count?
3. Final Fantasy 7, Shenmue 3 and Dreams miss 2018 – see you next year guys!
Dreams beta happened but still no retail release of these.
4. PlayStation Now discontinued – a promising service slowly winds down
The service actually improved but is still light years behind Game Pass. With PS3/Vita support leaving PS Plus, could the services merge?
5. Rocksteady’s Arkham 4 – whatever this is it’s at E3 and has a BIG presence on the PlayStation stage
Heavily rumoured but managed to evade again.
6. Horizon 2 – announced; not released
7. Death Stranding – we get a release date
A quiet year for Kojima’s independent debut.
8. 4k Streaming Push – Sony leans in heavily to this service, ignoring 4k UHD Blu-Rays
Nope. This was a year for the gamers.
9. Metal Gear Solid HD – Konami agrees if Sony pays for, develops and markets it plus buy the company a nice dinner
10. PS4 Mini Announced – PSTV-esque but basically an OG PS4 but tinier and no Blu-Ray drive
We got PS1 Mini but this form factor rumoured for Xbox Scarlet so could happen for PS5